Monday, September 3, 2012

CHANGE UP

You know what's ironic, putting a flying trip together...pondering, wonderment of the "what", the excitement and anticipation keying you up and then having to change/delay your plans.  It's kinda hard to re-adjust to a new goal or different date...just sayin

D-Day for my BIG trip has to be postponed...the weather gods have decided I am not ready to embark on my trip and welllllll I gotta respect them.  I am still a newbie learning about weather and I really do enjoy life, which means you wait it out as a pilot.  While I have dreamed about this trip the entire summer, it will come in time and will be just as exciting and skeery as I've imagined in my mind, only a wee bit later than I had planned...:-)

I spent all weekend preparing, cleaning my Girly Plane, looking her over real good, gathering all the items needed for biggest trip ever...water for me, oil for her, food for me..dots (candy of choice)..and guts...BIG guts for me...haha

I have gone over and over the maps and have reviewed my check-points and fuel stops a bazzillion times..talked things through with my hubby and close pilot buds......I may be stubborn and confident but, I will always admit that I like to have input from them..it helps to share and be sure I'm thinking through all the angles.

While looking over the maps this weekend and the flying distance I've mapped out and all the airports I'd like to land at... well, thruth it is very overwhelming, quite a challange for moi....

So, I'm heading into work tomorrow (bleh) and next week we'll see if the weather gods grant me an open window.....a girl can only hope...



No comments:

Post a Comment