Thursday, September 13, 2012

First of Firsts - Day One

I'm trying to sit here and see you sitting across from me..do you really want to hear about my adventure I wonder. Well here goes...if you are so inclined..I had my biggest ever long cross country of flying Girly Plane on 9/13/2012. It really hasn't quite settled in that I was sitting in Kitty Hawk, NC by my own doing...I was so exhausted after flying all day I literally coudn't function..skeery..the places I was at the people I met I want to bottle up and keep, ya kno? I wasn't sure what to expect...my heart and soul were soaring yet my mind was focused and intense. You see it was quite a challange to set off on a solo trippy. I set out on this journey and am blessed to have friends that back me up and a husband who lets me be free..yet while I'm away he's on my mind and I wish he were with me. I really wonder if I am a daredevil in disguise..lol..I flew about 4 hours and landed at about 4 airports. While at Currituck a vast runway my goal was to hang glide (a first for me, just because) and we had to postpone due to the high winds. The hang gliding guys were engaging and curious about me flying alone..I'm becoming used to this response....whats up with that? They wanted me to hang out, but my final destination was beckoning me ahead..the sky was dark and I flew threw a few light rain showers..and the winds were picking up quite a bit. I knew that Girly Plane and I were going to have our hands full landing a First Flight..Wright Bros a place I have dreamed about landing..an honor to be where it all began. To quietly thank them for the gift of flight is not something I take foregranted. I am and always want to be a soaring bird. It never ceases me to see the simple majestic beauty and when landing at FFA I will tell you I had tears in my eyes..no shame but joy that I had accomplished something that has been hiding in my heart and soul for years..truth is I was and will always be at home in the air. I walked to the local brew house and by now after not eating all day and famished, weak, dehydrated..ha..I drank three beers thought about what I had just done and slept soundly as I was at total piece with the first part of my journey..and the beer was awesome..just sayin..










3 comments:

  1. Wow...wow...wow....sounds like an awesome and liberating experience. The pictures are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Queen...I'm really having a hard time putting my feelings and what I saw to pen....

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to read the end result!

      Delete