Monday, September 16, 2013

Change can be GOOD

I had a flying day all mapped out and wellllll it didn't happen and I'm okay with that. I am learning to adapt when my plans go awry.

I checked Ithaca weather in the morning and 800 overcast = no go...so, I grabbed a map of the local waterfalls my new friends at the FBO gave me and headed off in the sunshine I could see peaking through.

I ended up hiking at the first waterfall with a few folks, its so easy to strike up conversations with people, I SO dig hearing there story...and then I went to a number of other State Parks and hiked until my back and legs were like rubber..haha...gotta say that at each stop I would check Ithaca weather...rain and low ceilings prevailed. I kept wishing it would change however, around lunch time I decided that if you are not going to be able to be a bird...maybe just maybe I should go see and visit a few wineries. It turned out to be a fun afternoon afterall.

Tomorrow will be the big day...I'm going to do my own thing and see if I can go after my flying goal of simply having fun with enthusiasm that I find myself growing towards in a big way.

I attached a few pics that I took and I'll label them...1. I came upon this circle of rocks which I really liked and being curious- wondered why? 2. This large rock formation along the trail caught my attention 3. This Mill is from 1917 located at the Robert Treman State Park where I hiked to see the most beautiful waterfall - Lucifer 4. Lucifer the loudest and tallest Waterfall I saw today 5. The first Winery called Americana Vineyards - had a great Cab Sauvignon 6. I stopped in town for a bit and saw this guy yelling at these women...wth? .Cornell is known for Women Sculling....cool to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment