Saturday, August 23, 2014

Wishing upon a dream...not if I can help it

I have had quite a summer this year.....what some might consider a lost one.  Not me, it was a time to be grateful for all those things that mean the most...it was a time for a true "dish it out" life experience, I worked on focusing on being grateful, with my predicament this was easy and difficult at the same time. 
I have so many things that make me happy, of which truth be told it sometimes gets lost and pushed back in the former back of our mind until life decides to set you back.  I share this with you in raw fashion only to give you a glimpse of how it forced me to hunker down and enjoy the moments of life that are a daily gift we often times ignore. 
Time as measured in milliseconds, minutes, hours roll by quickly even though I'm not ready...It's been hard to fathom that seven weeks have gone by or I just blinked and summer is over.  My life gave me a "blip" in the road and I'm working to get better and when I think it's so close and I'll be ahead, my laid out destiny takes a few steps back.
I was in a car accident; my first in 52 years, my first ride in an ambulance, my first ER visit, my first concussion, busted teeth and those closest to me saw the spark of ME dim.  I would dig deep to show bravado, to be playful while mostly I struggled, truth.
I do believe that struggles aka life lessons are needed for us all... While it doesn't mean I have to like them while in the throes of it....it simply is what is.
How I envision it; it's my life, the walk on my path and while it's hard right now, I must forge ahead and grin and bear it...it's life baby.
So, tonight while I set here I am looking ahead to my favorite month  September, where I am a wanderer, I float above the green earth, I search for nothing in particular, I am simply me, alone with my thoughts, no demands, no duties, no rules, smiling large I am at the most peace forging towards surprises, new experiences and awe through my own eyes.  I cannot spill out what colors my mind, that is mine alone, just as your view is yours alone.
I normally have a "plan" of where Girly Plane and me will go and I organize my itinerary in general terms and continue to fine tune over the summer months, while this year I had not been well enough to plan, yet, I dreamt of it in the recesses of my mind while I rested and rested and rested.  Can you taste the palpable distaste of this "resting" I mention? I am not one to rest, I run through life living large, boastful of razing, playful as a wild child with my innocence and curiosity spilling forward.
I needed to keep the trend of my journey this year and plan to explore a place (s) I had never been. Even if I am not able to take this trip I had to look on the map, plan a route of some sort that I could simply envision and have a target to dream and reach for.
I came up with a short challenging trip of what my mind might see, would the sights look the same up close and personal? I really didn't care, I prefer the element of surprise, the wonderment of what might be ahead.  I'm excited to plan, and thinking of what we might see, who we might meet....me and Girly Plane my cohort.
I push ahead focusing on getting my own pilot self to be current, to be sure I'm ready for any of the weather my long cross country is liable to toss at me.  It's been some time since I've been PIC in my Girly Plane, yet I feel she will embrace me, squelch my nervousness as she has a way of doing that.
While emergencies fester in the back of my mind, I will be ready to tackle them if they arise.  I plan on packing a few items for unexpected issues...tools (and they always come in handy), first aid supplies and such within reach.
I have looked over the flight planning, marked fuel stops, reviewed airports, looked at lodging and depending on flight conditions I always have a back up plan, it's a must.
I'm giddy, setting here thinking of what I have planned...it's a month away.  I'm exciting to collect sunsets, piling them up next to some thunderstorms, with racks of rainbows, baskets of full moons and how my eyes see the light reflect all around  me will be the calmest of calm.
It is flying that is the essence of my spirit, nurturing my soul in its awesomeness splendor.  Emotionally my being will fill up and I will slip into the nirvana only I am able to feel...what a splendid idea to look forward to. 


2 comments:

  1. Keep on healing old lady! September is almost here and I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. working on it bud....working on it.......will be whatever my fate lands...thanks.

      Delete