Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Barn - Deep Rooted


The question that my buds always ask of me..

Why are you always here?  Because I belong here.

Why do you belong here?

Because it is where my heart is.
 
It seems so simple to me this humble little spot that has captured my heart. Our home base, located in Kralltown, PA is located in a small farming community and houses our barn -  (aka hangar). To the average eye, it might appear to be a drab metal building located on a grass airstrip, surrounded by corn fields and look quite plain to a stranger, yet she wraps her hands around me the minute I arrive and when I breath in I am immediately home. 


It may seem a bit strange to some, perhaps not with the aviators I know. I have this longing I wear around my neck to always want to be near Girly Plane and the airport.  The sense of comfort and belonging in this place completes the puzzle that I am.  This "barn" houses our heart with a wide spread longing which is deeply rooted as a place to walk in, hang out, and tell stories.  We are a family of sorts, some are closer than others and I treasure what we have created in our "barn". 

This passion for flying has taken over my being and is something that drives my spirit with purpose.  I feel it in the flow of my veins and upon waking and knowing I am heading to the airport I am instantly on fire with energy, enthusiasm and zest for the ability to be able to be a bird.

This week I was able to fly for breakfast with a good bud and it was the most magical, spectacular day when we embarked south.  Peaceful and serene from the view above which is like no picture your eyes might ever see.   We were only a party of "one", and as my bud says a gaggle or party of a few planes is always so cool to see depicted in the sky, don't you agree? The more buds flying equals great stories and laughter.

When we returned home to our "barn" I set in my chair to enjoy the quiet and look at MY tree.....yes, I have a tree that I watch closely throughout all of the season changes for hours and hours.  It has been a staple view in my mind, this tree, reminds me that time really does seem to click away on the calendar of life.  On this day, I watch leaves slip away to land on the ground and I am reminded that another season is on it's way where the days are shorter, colder and already I am longing for the warmth of longer days and the summer.

Have you ever just sat and enjoyed the quiet in a special place?

I wish you could feel the passion I have for this place, perhaps you might understand a bit of it through my eyes, at least that is my hope when I share my thoughts. I love so much about the aviation community.. No, we don't all know each other; may have never met or live in the same community, but we are a community of like minds. When are paths do cross we are always able to bond easily and converse. 

This spot houses my heart of feelings of flight that cannot be measured by any ruler....if you could sit a spell I would be able to show you the beauty I speak of, the quiet rustle of the dried corn stalks and whoosh of the trees are what I focus on today while watching the hawks soar over the trees and it is the pure beauty of flight which fills my heart as if it might burst.

It is during the quiet of the night slipping away and I know it is time to leave, yet my feet are rooted to the ground just gazing at the sky...my peaceful barn where my heart belongs, it is the deepest part of my heart that only can be felt by me and it really is the purest meaning of truth.

This humble little spot in the country gives me peace and happiness, always has, always will. My hope for you is for you to have a quiet, special place of your own.

I leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the world, to purify their soul in the sky and they come down to earth, only after receiving the communion of the infinite - Jose Maria Velasco Ibarra, President of Ecuador

5 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you kido!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a tree, but know exactly what you mean!
    My hangar is my own, with chairs that I pull up to the front of the hangar and sit in the sunlight watching the planes that fly overhead, or this time of year the gaggle of geese heading south.
    My husband's hangar is different. It's more a 'shop'.
    Mine is more like 'home'. Comfortable. A place to hang out!

    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies! I just knew I wasn't the only one..;-)

      Delete
  3. You're in my head, a better interpreter than I could ever be. Cool blog, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwee...Thanks Queen Nina...nahhh...you have same sickness I dooooo....thankful you read and liked...soon my dear..soon...face to face...;-)

    ReplyDelete